Sunday 21 April 2013

Tots 100 Bathshop competition

So most people enjoy to relax in their bathrooms, whether you are a bath or a shower person.

Most people therefore create a relaxing space in their bathrooms.

They certainly wouldn't have a cracked bath...

This cracked bath certainly wouldn't have leaked under the wall a swelled the skirting board up the other side, staining the carpet with it...

They certainly wouldn't have used about 3 tubes of silicon in 9 months and spent £25 on a bath repair kit that did Jack all...

Yes nine months, I am sure they certainly wouldn't have left their bathroom in this dire state for 9 months...

I am sure their other halves wouldn't have ripped off the wooden bath panel (who puts wood in a bathroom that doesn't have a window!?) to look at the damage underneath and then have them just place it back because they hated what they have seen...

They certainly wouldn't live with this stained carpet in the bathroom (again why put carpet in a bathroom!?) for as long as it has been stained, obviously they would never have left red bubble bath at an inquisitive toddlers height, they obviously wouldn't let the wooden bath panel rot and stain the carpet even more...

They certainly wouldn't have left these lovely holes in the plaster for 6 months after their second bath cabinet in 4 years fell off the wall....

They certainly would have got the pipe properly tightened on the toilet so that it didn't leak (luckily the fresh water) and wouldn't have got the OH to do it instead...

They certainly wouldn't let their radiator rust this badly without re-painting it again...



As you can see our bathroom is in a dire state at the moment, it has been for 9 months, and it is getting progressively worse. Money is tight and as soon as we have enough money something more important crops up (like car tax/tyres etc), every month that goes by the crack in the bath gets worse, which in turn makes the wooden bath panel stain the carpet more, the silicon trick no longer works fully so it sometimes leaks underneath the walls. I HATE our bathroom, I don't think the OH realises quite how much so, and how embarrassed I am of it. You see it's our only bathroom so it's obviously the bathroom any visitors use, a room I have to use every day, a room I have to try and make look habitable, a room I have to bathe our children in, and I can't stand being in there at all. The OH's Dad keeps saying he will do it for us, but being a general builder and building their own home I don't see that happening any time soon, well it has already been 9 months...

I am really embarrassed showing these photos, but feel I have to show them for a shot to possible win a bathroom with Tots100 and bathshop321.

I don't particularly want a really swanky bathroom, I just want one that looks habitable, homely, safe, and somewhere I actually want to be to relax. I love a good shower, showers are my 5 minutes of peace and relaxation in the day therefore I would be elated to win the alpha-L-shape-shower suite, perfect for bathing the boys and prefect for a nice relaxing shower.

Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope for a miracle, maybe one day I can be proud and not ashamed of our bathroom again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)